Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Berry-Lemon Ice Pops -- O Smart Points

Inspired by an idea I saw in a magazine I decided to try my hand at making my own frozen fruit pops.

I had frozen strawberries and blueberries on hand and this was a good opportunity to use them.

The lemon juice adds a nice flavor to the fruit.  Start out with about 1 tablespoon of Truvia and add more to taste.  I had about one cup of strawberries and they were pretty tart so I kept adding Truvia until the mixture was sweet enough.   If you use fresh rather than frozen fruit, you may not need to add the entire cup of water to make a smooth slurry.

BERRY-LEMON ICE POPS

3 cups frozen blueberries and strawberries
2 1/2 T. Truvia
2 tsp. lemon juice
1 cup water

bathroom sized paper cups
aluminum foil
wooden popsicle sticks

Place fruit, sweetener, lemon juice and water into a Vitamix container and process until completely smooth.

Pour mixture into 6 bathroom sized paper cups.  Cover top of cup with a small square of aluminum foil.  Using a paring knife, make a small slit in the aluminum foil and place wooden popsicle sticks through the slit.  Place cups in freezer until frozen solid.  Remove foil and pull frozen treat out of the cup to eat.

I'm counting these as 0 Smart Points since they only contain 1/2 cup of fruit.  Yes, yes, I know, according to WW, if you blend the fruit you have to count it but I have chosen not to.

Smart Points    0



No comments: